Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Enjoying the ride!

The past week since our last post has been a good one.  On Wednesday, Shawn and I were both at church.  I am able to serve with our Primary organization, and help run the bi-monthly mid-week activity for the 8-11 year old girls.  I am slowly learning that, when there is only an hour for an activity, we can either make our own snack or have a craft/spiritual activity.  We made our own caramel dip and cut apples for our snack.  By the time we got back to the Primary room to eat, we only had 15 minutes left!  But it was fun, and the girls particularly enjoyed being able to dip their apples in dip they had made, then an assortment of sprinkles, chopped nuts, etc.  It was great!

The weekend was productive.  We were mostly confined to the house because we're having some construction done outside - a new deck, which makes us very happy.  So, I did housework and Shawn spent most of the day grading because it was the end of the first term.

Family Home Evening last night was great!  We spent it at my sister's and she shared a great lesson on Family Councils and Shawn introduced us to Gospel Scattegories, which was really fun.

This morning before work I turned "Suzie Homemaker" and whipped up some zucchini muffins, using zucchini we grew in our garden.  I shared them with my co-workers and they were a big hit, although I may tweak the recipe a bit.  And then this evening we just had a quiet night at home hanging out together.

Life is GOOD!

-Kim

1 comment:

  1. I Love times like that! being togetger us what it's all about! :) Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete