Monday, October 11, 2010

Adoption Conference

This past weekend we attended an adoption conference in Kirtland, Ohio.  It was wonderful.  Sometimes in our adoption journey, we feel sort of alone.  Our families and friends love us and support us so much - and we truly appreciate them and love them for it.  However, while they can feel for our loss, they can't really and truly know how we feel.  So, it's nice to be able to connect others who are on the same journey we are, or who have traveled it before.

The conference was phenomenal.  There were varying workshops, as well as a panel of birth parents sharing their experience and then a panel of family members of birth parents.  We particularly enjoyed the keynote speakers, John and Jane Covey, who spoke on strengthening marriage and family.  But the highlight of the trip for me was the Saturday morning devotional in the Kirtland Temple.  The Holy Spirit was so strong and so comforting.  I'm not sure I can adequately describe it.  I simply felt privileged to be there.

Shawn & Kim, Kirtland Temple, Oct. 9, 2010
I'm posting a picture of Shawn and I outside of the temple.  It was earlier in the morning, so the shadows fell on us.  Depending on your monitor settings, you'll still be able to see us, though.

-Kim

2 comments:

  1. I love the blog. Great job. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you both that this journey goes quickly and you have everything you want. Lots of love coming your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your time there! I love when we are able to be uplifted and inspired by things like that!

    ReplyDelete